[nmglug] nmap

Sean Leonard meanderingcode at aetherislands.net
Tue Jul 30 09:00:45 PDT 2013

I'm not sure why you have the command shown twice here, once executing
through sudo and once preceded by a hash symbol, but i presume you ran it
as root.

The easy first question is: when run without grep ( `sudo netstat -lnp` ),
does the string "10000" appear anywhere?  Especially in the "Local Address"
column?  I assume so.

If there is an entry there that should be matched, it is likely something
in the output setting of netstat or the matching by grep.  I don't know
enough to be very effective in telling you what to look for, but read the
manuals of both, and also try `which netstat` and `which grep` to see if
they're aliased to include arguments or flags you're unaware of.

Good luck, and let us know what you find.

Cheers,
Sean