[nmglug] Check a disk?

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Tue Mar 26 13:38:54 PDT 2013

On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 12:50:39 PM Satsangat Khalsa <satsangat at khalsa.com>
wrote:
> To me that performance says the Mobo is toast (Bios is on Mobo).  You might
> put that HD in another machine and see if it comes up ok that way.

I would not be so quick to declare the motherboard toast. It could also be the
power supply.

If you are having problems reading a 2.5" HD using a USB connected external
enclosure, that could also be a power problem.  You might try feeding the
external enclosure 5V from a separate power supply, if it has a 5V input. Or
try connecting it to a powered USB hub.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com