[nmglug] readability of home page,

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Sun Apr 20 10:34:00 PDT 2014

On Sun, 20 Apr 2014 09:14:08 -0600
Tedpome <ted.pome at gmail.com> wrote:

> NMGLugers, I see the home page has gone 'dark' with a dark gray back
> ground. I am attaching a copy of what I see. I will check via another
> browser in case I have made a settings error. But for read-ability I
> preferred the older selection of a light blue background. We can see
> if the less readable version attracts some interest, but it will
> discourage actual reading of the page by some.
> Thank you, Ted P.

I think black text on a very light background is the way to go. Dark
backgrounds are hard to read and cause eye strain. Dark backgrounds
work only if you are in a very dark room.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
http://DeLapp.com