[nmglug] Linux DVD giveaway, USB-install fest @ Axle/CCA "Moneyless Yard Sale" event, Sept 6

Max Bond max.o.bond at gmail.com
Fri Aug 29 12:01:00 PDT 2014

Hey GLUGers,

I think we should pick a single distro and version that we standardize on
for the noobs, and make sure we're working with the same image. There are
lots of people who have a vague notion of Linux and there being multiple
distros, and having a multitude available for them would be great; however,
for those who mystified, we should present one strong recommendation rather
than confusing them. Ubuntu?

I think it'd be funny if we charged something nominal, like a high-five.

I can bring a table, switch (plenty of ports), power strips, an extension
chord, and DVDs. I can scrounge for a few ethernet chords but I doubt I'll
find more than 3.
Can Axle provide us with Internet? Do we need to bring 3G or something?

I'm gunnuh print out some Linux cheat sheets and TAILs images for any
privacy freaks we find.

-- Max