[nmglug] Linux DVD giveaway, USB-install fest @ Axle/CCA "Moneyless Yard Sale" event, Sept 6

Geoff Chesshire geoff at newmexico.com
Sat Sep 6 20:48:47 PDT 2014

Hi GLUGgists,

> At yesterday's NMGLUG meeting, I proposed the idea that we could do a
> Linux CD/DVD giveaway and install-fest (onto USB sticks) at the
> "Moneyless Yard Sale" event at CCA on Sept. 6.

I would like to thank everyone who pitched in today to make this event a
great success:  Ted, Max, Arlo, Skye and myself.  Special thanks to Ted
for putting together the printed handouts about GNU/Linux and NMGLUG.
Skye's Tux-cupcakes were a hit with our visitors.  We gave away a dozen or
so DVDs and CDs (mostly Xubuntu), installed Linux on one computer and
about three USB sticks, and invited a bunch of people to our upcoming
meetings.  I think we'll get a good turnout at the next few, where people
may ask our help with installing.

Thanks,
Geoff