[nmglug] Fwd: cranky computer

Arlo Barnes arlo.barnes at gmail.com
Fri May 15 13:08:19 PDT 2015

Unless I am mistaking the email for a similar one A. (Anthony, I think)
Kaluta has been posting since early on in the group's archives. I will
check later. Regardless, I think it is best to assume good faith until
proven otherwise.

Also, I am a bit confused; Ted forwarded the email to the list even though
A. Kaluta posted directly to the list; and Mark is certainly not writing
Ted privately because I can see it.

Anyway, I would say that we know very little about the actual situation,
and probably not enough to tell whether malware (or just user inveiglement)
is involved, let alone which. There have of course been exploits in Firefox
and GNU systems in the past, although there are more likely ways for things
to break in this scenario (not sure about the Indian "driver upgrades").

-Arlo