[nmglug] status of re-install?

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Tue May 26 18:22:31 PDT 2015

A., I have not used aptik, but I found a link
<http://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2014/01/aptik-simple-tool-backup-packaghttp://ubuntuhandbook.org/index.php/2014/01/aptik-simple-tool-backup-packages-ubuntu/es-ubuntu>
to a page of reasonably clear looking instructions. It is new to me,
and I just keep a list of my favorites and write them down. If access
to the internet is not an issue, one can always download a program
when it is needed or remembered. If you have a suite of programs and
settings that are very special then do take the time to learn aptik
and use it. Take a look at the page in the link or find a newer one if
needed. It looks like you do not need to use commmandline and that the
prep on the usb is to create a folder for aptik to use to store or
recall the data desired.
Give it a try. Good luck, Ted P.