[nmglug] laptops wanted - new "programming for kids" course coming up

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Thu Mar 3 15:34:45 PST 2016

I will be teaching another few rounds of programming courses for kids
this year, the first during spring break (March 28-April 1).  Info and
flyer are at:

https://sites.google.com/site/santafecoding/

If anyone has an old laptop they are discarding, I use these for
students who cannot find an old one of their own.  They will immediately
learn to install and then use (and program) a GNU/Linux distribution.

This computer could be up to about 7 years old, anything that will run
xubuntu 12.04 (as a figure of merit) would do.

If you truly don't need one such laptop, let me know!