[nmglug] meeting tonight;

threespace.xyz admin at threespace.xyz
Thu Mar 17 09:32:51 PDT 2016

Hi Ted (and the rest),

   I find myself in a similar situation, sitting behind a pile of
end-of-term grading to be finish before the weekend begins.  Rather than
join my favorite group of geeks this evening, my time will be best spent
getting all of that taken care of and off of my plate completely.
Otherwise, my day is too much of a tight squeeze with all else going on.

   I look forward to the meeting on the 31st, and hopefully will have a
new toy to play with by then, that is if my Atheros AR5B95 AR9285 WiFi
card comes in before that.  It's for the ThinkPad T400 that I am
currently modding out.

   Side note, how many of us NMGLUGers out there are running some sort
of FLOSS on their wi-fi router?  I'm just curious, particularly about
your opinion on the FCC policy from last year restricting the use of
open source firmware on routers.  I've been looking at setting up a
NetGear WNDR3800 with LibreCMC and have only recently become aware of
the FCC restrictions, which I find rather interesting.

Anyway, I'll see you all on the 31st, and I hope tonight is a smashing hit!

-KR