[nmglug] make santa fe opening at Meow Wolf [Was: meeting tonight; ]

Xer0Dynamite dreamingforward at gmail.com
Sun Mar 20 18:04:55 PDT 2016

> Anyway, enough ranting to the preachers, the answer to the question of what
> is the makerspace's stance towards free software*, is: positive, but not
> dedicated due to baggage even at this early stage and in need of guidance
> either way (convinced they should commit or not, that is).

I'm an idealogue about free software, and I say that don't bother with
the issue unless some founder is also an idealogue and committed to
the cause.  It goes beyond user rights, as you mention, but about
community and aesthetics.  Hence, if you don't have someone fostering
the community, there isn't much use and people will be seen as either
fakes (wanting business) or false prophets.

Marxos