[nmglug] open wrt redirect to virtual os on network computer

Jason Schaefer js at jasonschaefer.com
Wed May 25 12:37:24 PDT 2016

On 05/24/2016 02:03 PM, a wrote:
> NMGLUG Hi.
> openwrt, one of the network computers is windows 7 running xp virtually
> how do I redirect to xp its ip is not apparently anywhere displayed by
> open writ but: it the ip local address is 192.168.131.65 indicated by a
> firewall testing program.
> Any thoughts Caballero(a)s?
Often virtualization guests are setup behind NAT. I don't like NAT for reasons such as your experiencing. If you place your host's interface in bridging mode then you can bypass NAT and have your guest's IP be on the same subnet as your host and router, etc. Or you will have to port forward from the host to the guest.. I don't know how to do any of that in Windows land. Sorry you have to use that.