[nmglug] Let's Encrypt

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Tue Oct 4 16:17:58 PDT 2016

I have been working on moving my web sites to being served only over a
secure encrypted connection. It has been much easier than I expected.

One little twist is that I have weather stickers (images) on my home
page that come from http://weathersticker.wunderground.com and
consequently that causes a warning that "parts of the page are not
secure".

I could just delete the weather stickers but I kind of like having the
weather on my home page.

I could install a weather station and connect it to my network and HVAC
system and write a bunch of software to maximize my comfort.

I could get up from my computer and stick my head out the window to see
what the weather is like.

And my last option is to ask for help. Anyone know of a good way to
show current weather on a https site?

Mars

PS I am currently leaning towards sticking my head outside but it
would be nice to have more forecast stuff like what this shows:
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=35.6596&lon=-105.9882&unit=0&lg=english&FcstType=graphical

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
https://DeLapp.com