[nmglug] CNAME RECORD

a a at kaluta.us
Wed Feb 8 09:59:12 PST 2017

Hi
I am a little wobbly on this one and could use more illumination.
I just had a wordpress website replaced with a parking page,the email
now does not seem to work.

1.)"CMS as Wordpress, Joomla and others may resolve incorrectly if you
point a domain to them via CNAME. As they are highly dependable on the
domain these websites were developed for, by default, they are not
suited to work under 2 or more different domains."

APPARANTLY;SINCE IT IS NO LONGER POINT TO WORDPRESS THIS SHOULD NOT BE
THE ISSUE.  1 RIGHT OR 2 WRONG?

2.)It is not recommended to set up a CNAME record for a naked domain (@
or domain.com) as it will make other records for your domain (such as MX
or TXT records) invisible. As a result, the mail service will stop
working, and the emails will not get delivered properly. It is possible
to create a CNAME record for www.domain.com and then set up a redirect
from domain.com to www.domain.com as a workaround.

<https://ap.www.namecheap.com/Domains/DomainControlPanel/taospaintbox.com/advancedns>

Host<https://ap.www.namecheap.com/Domains/DomainControlPanel/taospaintbox.com/advancedns>

Value<https://ap.www.namecheap.com/Domains/DomainControlPanel/taospaintbox.com/advancedns>

TTL<https://ap.www.namecheap.com/Domains/DomainControlPanel/taospaintbox.com/advancedns>

CNAME Record

www

parkingpage.com.

30 min

Remove
<https://ap.www.namecheap.com/Domains/DomainControlPanel/taospaintbox.com/advancedns>

URL Redirect Record

@

WHERE IS THE BOO BOO?
OR AM i TOTALLY OUT OF THE BALL PARK

value which I cannot get in the form above would be the website
http://www.taospaintbox.com    unmasked

Thanks
Anthony