[nmglug] No google search

Tim Embler timlists at tristarcreations.com
Sat May 13 11:50:26 PDT 2017

While this issue is sad I am still so happy to see someone else having
this issue and it is not just me. Like you I have searched everywhere
and have not been able to find anyone else having this issue. Are you
using Chrome/Chromium? I was using Chromium at first but when the issue
started I switched to Chrome which did also have the same problem. I
have not tried using Firefox for an extended amount of time to see if
that also has this. If I kill all instances of Chrome/Chromium it will
connect to google again but after a few hours the issue comes back where
it will not search/connect to google.com. You do have to make sure you
kill all instances of chrome/chromium for that temporary fix to work. On
a permanent fix I have no idea at this point.