[nmglug] nmglug Albuquerque subset?

KRT Listmaster listmaster at beauxbead.com
Tue May 16 21:50:55 PDT 2017

On 05/16/2017 03:39 AM, Anthony J. Bentley wrote:

> As was said earlier, no location will be perfect for everyone. I have to
> say I find the Manzano Mesa community center the most attractive.

Well, I suppose I was using a slightly different definition of the word "perfect" than what I might have implied.  I was aiming for something
closer to definition 1b rather than 1a according to Miriam-Webster.

    Definition of /perfect/

/1//a/ :  being entirely without fault or defect :  flawless <https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/flawless> /a /perfect/ diamond//
  b/ :  satisfying all requirements :  accurate <https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/accurate>

Of /course/ we'll never find the *perfect* venue.  That's a philisophical/alchemical journey with no end.  I guess I should have said "suitable".

Anyway.... I agree with everything Anthony said, although I might not have as much experience with some of the places suggested.  All in all,
the Manzano Mesa Community Center sounds wonderful.  I'm definitely interested to give it a try.

Also, I want to apologize for seeming to suggest a split in the community.  When I suggested "a forum and/or separate mailing list", I was
really just thinking of what resources I had to offer that might get the ABQ group up and running.  Obviously, more web infrastructure isn't
what's needed.  So scrap that, I was just brainstorming for resources, I guess.

Ok, maybe we're one step closer to picking a venue.  Now, what /days /do most of the ABQ folk on this list have free?  I'm leaning towards
Sunday afternoons myself, but I'm open to suggestions most days after noon or so (I teach mostly in the mornings this summer).

 -KR

--
This email account is used for list management only.