[nmglug] Albuquerque Manzano Mesa Multi-generational Center; queries

KRT Listmaster listmaster at beauxbead.com
Mon May 29 21:28:27 PDT 2017

On 05/18/2017 12:18 AM, Tom Ashcraft wrote:

> I spoke briefly to facility coordinator Tyler Dunn who asked me which
> Linux group I was talking about.  Turns out NM Computer Society-Linux
> already meets there 2nd Thursdays 7:15-8:45 pm. Anyone already familiar
> with this group?

Nope, never heard of them until now.  Thanks for looking into all of
that for us, much appreciated.

> Ed mentioned too that he knew of another Linux group that meets at the
> Bear Canyon community center.  He's going to send me the name and email
> address of the leader.  I'm not really clear on whether this is a group
> or a taught class, but I gathered the impression it's a group similar to
> nmglug.  Does anybody know about this group?

Nope, that one is new to me as well.

> Finally, I emailed Ed to state that I would try to gather assessments of
> or gage desire for actual use of the lab computers versus simpler and
> more available meeting/presentation/discussion/workspace, etc.--which I
> am hereby doing...

I would be bringing my own laptop(s) and other devices.  It's doubtful
that I would be using public machines much, if at all.  Projectors might
be nice though.

> Additionally,Tyler asked if, and I think--in my state of near complete
> ignorance--that it might also be appropriate to gage how much overlap
> and interest there is in possibly coordinating meetings with either or
> both of the other Linux groups  mentioned above.  How much, if anything,
> does anyone know or care about the NM Computer Society-Linux and the
> Bear Canyon Linux group?

It would make sense to coordinate with any other groups as much as
possible.  "United we stand" and all that...  Has anyone had any luck
contacting or visiting any of the other ABQ-based groups that have been
mentioned?

- KR

--
This email account is used for list management only.