[nmglug] Chase bans Gnu/linux

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Wed Dec 19 13:00:09 PST 2018

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 21:02:31 -0700
jason schaefer <js at jasonschaefer.com> wrote:

> On 12/18/18 5:36 PM, J. Marsden DeLapp wrote:
> > If Chase ever calls me to help them with an electrical problem in
> > one of their facilities (like the breaker feeding the coffee pot is
> > tripping),  I think my response may be that they need to move to a
> > new building.
>
> We can prep the new building with a proprietary breaker that is only
> serviceable by us. All we need to do is add a small software control
> and it falls under the DMCA so they can't legally service it. Lock
> them in to an expensive contract and .. Oh, this is depressing.

Proprietary breaker with software control - that sounds like you are
discribing Digi-trip breakers.

https://www.eaton.com/Eaton/ProductsServices/Electrical/ProductsandServices/CircuitProtection/MoldedCaseCircuitBreakers/210ElectronicTripUnits/index.htm#tabs-1

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
https://DeLapp.com