[nmglug] urgent need for a Toshiba laptop charger OR with win vm on GNU/Linux

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Fri Mar 9 14:34:57 PST 2018

On Thu, 08 Mar 2018 22:03:12 -0700
Mark Galassi <mark at galassi.org> wrote:

> Dear nmglugers,
>
> I urgently need a charger for a Toshiba laptop.  Mine just died.
> * Do a new installation of a Windows VM and get the new s/w on
>   there -
>   would have to happen very quickly on Friday morning, and might
>   still
>   fail.  Has anyone ever installed Windows into a VM and can guide
>   me
>   through it?  That is the solution for the medium term because I
>   don't
>   want to have a Windows laptop for chess tournaments.
>
> Anyone have ideas?

I have a Toshiba laptop charger.

I also have installed Win XP and Win 7 in Virtual Box VMs running on
Debian hosts.  That is actually very easy to do.

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
https://DeLapp.com