[nmglug] my system

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Mon Mar 19 19:43:01 PDT 2018

I have been poking around with my "new" setup thanks to Mark. My natural
fear of losing data, etc. has kept me busy trying to find versions of
apps that will run on this lightweight system. It seems that many of the
apps I use just run and others run as older versions, like now I have
Thunderbird and lightning and all my mail and calendars. That makes me
feel so much better given the things I have to attend to before Wed and
then surgery Thurs. After I recover enough I can tackle the clean
install and getting everything set up.
Just wanted all to know and that is what I am so impressed with all of
you guys. It's the difference between being toally screwed and feeling
far calmer. The last week with my box's issues wasn't fun at all but now
I'm shiny.
Thanks
Brian