[nmglug] any old laptops people might be discarding?

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Wed Nov 21 14:16:32 PST 2018

Dear nmglugers,

Does anyone have an old laptop they might be discarding?  I have done a
lot of recruiting recently and have found many more amazing young
computer science students.  I would love to be able to leave some of
them with a laptop (as long as they continue studying with me) when
their families cannot afford it.

If you have an old laptop (let's say it should be 64bit and have 2gig of
RAM, preferably 4gig), and you cannot use it, this might be a nice way
for you to get rid of it.