[nmglug] screen brightness?

Arlo Barnes arlo.barnes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 12 09:03:52 PDT 2018

On Fri, Oct 12, 2018 at 9:38 AM Akkana Peck <akkana at shallowsky.com> wrote:

> On my Asus the maximum is 4800 but I suspect that varies with make and
> model.

Those must not be units with any meaning, then; my Librem15 can get pretty
bright, but the numbers only go from 1 (all the way off) to 47 (dimmest)
through 20 steps to 937 (brightest). It would be interesting if the monitor
could be calibrated so that outputs lumens...
By the way, to change them on my keyboard I press Fn-F5/F6 (the symbols are
on the keyboard), so it goes to show there is not really a standard
placement aside from 'out of the way'. GNOME also has a brightness slider.
—Arlo