[nmglug] Thank you,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Fri Sep 14 19:40:20 PDT 2018

Alucard, Thank you. I wrote up some similar thoughts in a post on
NMGLUG.org. Check out the recent posts on the 'Latest' tab. I did have some
success with Pentium M machines with 2GB ram or more. Yes, older slower and
un-rammed machines are not worth the trouble. I am helping a few people
trying to use the $0 approach to computing. That is a limitation. But if
they or I can find a decent used laptop I try to get some current OS
installed and working. For some it may be time to go off the Internet.
There is life without so much tech. Especially for anybody wanting to
simplify or avoid a tool with 104 keys and infinite combinations.
Sorry to hear about the logistical issues for you in ABQ. Thank you for
staying on the mailing list for communication.
Ted P., Santa Fe