[nmglug] .avi on DVD play VLC

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Tue Apr 9 09:15:00 PDT 2019

Hi Anthony ,

You will want to make sure logging is actually enabled.

Tools -> Preferences -> Show Settings, flip this to /All/.
Then under Advanced, select Logger. (You could also search for logger)
Checkmark log to file.  From there I would set the path to somewhere you
will be able to access it.
I would probably stick with text formatting and default verbosity. Feel
free to upload the log to here: https://paste.opensuse.org/ if you would
like to me to see what is wrong.

Are you playing .avi files off the DVD? Or are you playing the .vob/.ifo
files from the VIDEO_TS folder? If you don't need disc decryption then I
would probably look at mpv (console) or GNOME mpv (GUI).

When I used to do fan-subbing; during quality checking, I found that VLC
had terrible playback. I mean VLC wurks, but I'm not really sure why
it's so popular.

Regards,
Jared