[nmglug] QEMU/KVM; Thunar as root?

Tom Ashcraft trailerdog234 at comcast.net
Thu Aug 8 14:55:07 PDT 2019

On Thu, 2019-08-08 at 15:11 -0600, Ted Pomeroy wrote:
> Tom, have you tried invoking thunar from a root terminal.
No.  Until now I hadn't thought of anything so sensible and obvious.
So far (other than the scary warnings about possibly damaging my
system) it looks like that might be just what the doctor ordered.

> Also you might check the man oh co or sync to see if you can show
> progress in one of those as you make copies. Just a thought. Ted P.
"...check the man oh co or sync..." is entirely greek to me.  Can you
elaborate a little? (I assume it translates to something like 'make
sure it's plugged in' or 'try Google, idiot.'  I'm in the process of
discovering that this last might be a good idea...)

Thanks,
Tom