[nmglug] Solved Re: Zombie desktop artifact

Tom Ashcraft trailerdog234 at comcast.net
Wed Aug 14 20:30:53 PDT 2019

OK guys,

I lucked out and stumbled on the fix for my artifact.  Turns out the
message on the screen can be removed with the same key combinations as
used to remove widgets *from the panel*, i.e. 'Alt-D, R'.  I think.  Now
I can't find where I saw that out of context.  Anyway, having done that
fixes the problem installing one-click launchers to the panels too.

I can go to bed happy tonight because *everything* I've set up is now
working correctly.  Definitely KDE Plasma and definitely not Kubuntu.

But I still need to figure out how to get terminal shutdown/reboot/halt
installed.  Back to all that excellent documentation in the wikis and
the desktop.  Must be in there somewhere.

Tom