[nmglug] HDD > SSD

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Tue Jun 4 11:20:56 PDT 2019

You bet Satsangat. I used a Gparted disk to find the definition of the
drives and then the command line in the included terminal emulator after
checking, rechecking and then checking again that I had the correct
drive designations. I think the cloning took less that an hour and no
data loss or other glitch. Just a new, larger SSD with all, everything.
If someone wants to walk a through it that would be a good thin. I think
Jason helped me as well as Eric but that was so long ago I don't know,
besides you, who can walk a through it. It scared me aft first also but
it turns out to be a simple process and I will do it again should my 1
TB SSD ever need to have more capacity. I can't imagine that but then I
also thought that my Apple G3 desktop with 4GB drive was enormous! It wasn't

Brian