[nmglug] Download safety?

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 10:12:44 PDT 2019

A., have you checked "sources.list" in /etc/apt? You will be best served by
using software from your distro. You can add "contrib" to the lines after
"main" and even "non-free" for proprietary blobs. If from your distro there
has at least been review for compatibility.
I plan to bring a laptop tonight in which I edited my "sources.list" to get
the install on a proper footing. You can check the Debian wiki for
guidelines.
Thank you, Ted P.