[nmglug] thumb drive, it is a frosty night the thunder rattles....

Alucard alucard at swcp.com
Mon May 13 08:28:52 PDT 2019

Hi a,

I often will remove the same type of software. However, I typically will
wipe the drive with gdisk and add a different filesystem. Typically
either XFS or FAT32, depending on the usage.

But removing the pre-installed software is _usually_ fine. I can't think
of any direct examples where you would want to be careful. Any consumer
USB drive you get at a store is going to be okay with wiping and
installing something else.

Just my 2¢

Jared