[nmglug] RE weirder

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Mon May 20 07:30:08 PDT 2019

Thanks Ted

I made the changes last night Ted, so the default wasn't changed other
than the resolution which was a minor increase from the default. If I
don't have the display setting as I do and I allow the default settings
to boot grub then I end up back where I was; bad resolution, no
detecting the display and no option to increase it (in the Displays
GUI). There is only one option and it is way too low. Even with the
display set as it is in the grub settings, the display is still low and
not changeable if I allow the machine to boot with the newest (or any
4.18* kernel). Booting with a 4.15* kernel then allows me to change the
resolution with several options, including 1260x768, which is high
enough. I added the 1366x768 to see if I could change the res. with a
4.18* kernel and I cannot as the GUI doesn't have any other options for
display res.