[nmglug] Debian, external HDD, permissions

a a at kaluta.us
Sun May 26 18:20:07 PDT 2019

HI

$ sudo rsync -aAXv / --exclude={"/dev/*","/proc/*","/sys/*","/tmp/*","/run/*","/mnt/*","/media/*","/lost+found"} /mnt  (is this the simple solution the online author claims
it to be.)
https://www.ostechnix.com/backup-entire-linux-system-using-rsync/

This is all in part is about installing rsync in a backup file on the
external HDD, don't know for sure but looks like it runs from root? I
have been wrestling about changing permissions so at least on other
parts of the external HDD, I will store alternate non backup information
as was ( OH, what webs we weave).

A long standing puzzle when I communicate with a glug responde, I am
thinking it does not distribute to the group, can anyone correct this
surmise?

Best, a