[nmglug] rsnapshot syntax OK interval not

ABQLUG community at abqlug.com
Wed May 29 08:54:30 PDT 2019

Hi a and the rest of the mailing list,

At home I have a freenas device I store all my media, when I need
something I just access the file server. But that's how I do it, and
it's not ideal, but I tend to be lazy with my setup at home.

To directly answer the question, I believe rsnapshot is not receiving
support currently. https://github.com/rsnapshot/rsnapshot/issues/191

I think the go to application for file based incremental backup for
user-created files is Back In Time. https://github.com/bit-team/backintime

For Ubuntu you can install the PPA:

    sudo add-apt-repository ppa:bit-team/stable
    sudo apt update
    sudo apt install backintime-qt4

Here is the documentation: https://backintime.readthedocs.io/en/latest/

I'd be interested in hearing feedback from others if Back In Time isn't
a good program. I have had very limited experience with it.

Regards,

Jared