[nmglug] Where is apt config?

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Mon Nov 25 07:34:01 PST 2019

Hi NMGLUG folks,

I followed Jason's direction.
I'm pasting below from my CLI what came from running update and upgrade. It
looks like Jason was right. There are some interesting results related to
kdenlive, etc. I'm not sure what I should do now.

$ sudo apt update
[sudo] password for ll:
Get:1 http://security.debian.org/debian-security stretch/updates InRelease
[94.3 kB]
Get:2 http://security.debian.org stretch/updates InRelease [94.3 kB]

Get:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kdenlive/kdenlive-stable/ubuntu focal
InRelease [15.9 kB]
Err:3 http://ppa.launchpad.net/kdenlive/kdenlive-stable/ubuntu focal
InRelease
  The following signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is
not available: NO_PUBKEY 2763B0EE7709FE97
Ign:4 http://debian.osuosl.org/debian stretch InRelease
Get:5 http://debian.osuosl.org/debian stretch-updates InRelease [91.0 kB]
Hit:6 http://debian.osuosl.org/debian stretch Release
Reading package lists... Done
E: The method driver /usr/lib/apt/methods/https could not be found.
N: Is the package apt-transport-https installed?
W: GPG error: http://ppa.launchpad.net/kdenlive/kdenlive-stable/ubuntu
focal InRelease: The following signatures couldn't be verified because the
public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 2763B0EE7709FE97
E: The repository 'http://ppa.launchpad.net/kdenlive/kdenlive-stable/ubuntu
focal InRelease' is not signed.
N: Updating from such a repository can't be done securely, and is therefore
disabled by default.
N: See apt-secure(8) manpage for repository creation and user configuration
details.
ll at leno:~$ sudo apt upgrade
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Calculating upgrade... Done
required:
  icedtea-netx icedtea-netx-common linux-image-4.9.0-7-amd64
  linux-image-4.9.0-8-amd64
Use 'sudo apt autoremove' to remove them.
  kdenlive-data libmlt++3
  libmlt-data
1 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 2 not upgraded.
Need to get 85.2 kB of archives.
After this operation, 33.5 MB disk space will be freed.
Do you want to continue? [Y/n] y
WARNING: The following packages cannot be authenticated!
  libmlt-data
Install these packages without verification? [y/N] n
E: Some packages could not be authenticated

Any thoughts?
LeRoy
--
I am the Love of God, no matter what.