[nmglug] Mac air

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Wed Oct 23 11:12:42 PDT 2019

I bet it is the user agent you are sending.

I get a 403 error page with
curl https://www.liveauctioneers.com >liveAuct.html

I do not get an error page if I send a user agent string that matches my
current browser:
curl --user-agent "Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:60.0)
Gecko/20100101 Firefox/60.0" https://www.liveauctioneers.com
>liveAuct02.html

So the web server is changing the page it serves based on the user
agent string.

Rather than upgrading the OS and browser, you can just change the
settings to pretend you did.

https://www.howtogeek.com/113439/how-to-change-your-browsers-user-agent-without-installing-any-extensions/

Mars

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
https://DeLapp.com