[nmglug] Compatibility from MS Word 2007 to LibreOffice Writer

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Wed Oct 23 19:29:44 PDT 2019

Hi NMGLUG folks,

How can a file from MS Word 2007 retain formatting while editing in
LibreOffice Writer?

DETAILS
I have a .docx file which is a short book which I wrote in MS Word 2007.
Most of the doc is in a 2-column layout. I have a Table of Contents, which
uses the "Styles" feature.
I opened the file in LibreOffice Writer and saved as .odt.
Now, when I update the Table of Contents, I lose some formatting, and it's
all a mess.

Any ideas?

I'm using LibreOffice 5.2.7.2
I found this article
https://office-watch.com/2017/libreoffice-5-4-ms-office-document-compatibility/

Thoughts?

(By the way, I want to express my gratitude to everyone who contributes to
help novices like me.)
--
I am the Love of God, no matter what.
LeRoy Diener