[nmglug] RDP issue, launches now only from terminal, not script

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Sun Apr 26 10:28:47 PDT 2020

Hi NMGLUG folks,

The freeRDP I have is something that Jason has helped me with many times.
I've learned quite a bit about how to troubleshoot it myself, but now I
have a new issue.

Here's the situation:
My KVM interface is working.
I double-click a file remote.sh. If I clcik "execute in terminal", I get an
error message about a missing child process.
In Win, I run ipconfig. Output is the same as always. All good.
In terminal, I run nmap. 3389 rdp port is open. All good.
I run rdesktop from terminal. It opened, but no login credentials.
(Credentials are in remote.sh file.)

In terminal, I type command to run remote.sh
Results:
connected to 192.168.122.17:3389
registered device #1: ll-home (type=8 id=1)

Then, the RDP opens and works fine. When I shut down Win, the RDP
disappears. In the terminal, the following three lines appear, and I get a
prompt.

ERRINFO_LOGOFF_BY_USER (0x0000000C):
The disconnection was initiated by the user logging off his or her session
on the server.
Failed to check FreeRDP file descriptor

So, something is different, not working as expected.
Any ideas?

For reference, here's the error message I've gotten in the past.
connected to 192.168.122.17:3389
The host key for 192.168.122.17 has changed
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@    WARNING: REMOTE HOST IDENTIFICATION HAS CHANGED!     @
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
IT IS POSSIBLE THAT SOMEONE IS DOING SOMETHING NASTY!
Someone could be eavesdropping on you right now (man-in-the-middle attack)!
It is also possible that a host key has just been changed.
The fingerprint for the host key sent by the remote host is
c3:00:0c:08:a7:2e:14:77:1b:df:80:88:f4:68:52:cc:25:ea:01:7b
Add correct host key in /home/ll/.config/freerdp/known_hosts to get rid of
this message.
Host key for 192.168.122.17 has changed and you have requested strict
checking.
Host key verification failed.
tls_connect: certificate not trusted, aborting.
Error: protocol security negotiation or connection failure

The solution in those times was to re-create the known_hosts file.

The current circumstance is different, cuz the RDP is sorta working, as
shown above.
Please advise me how to resolve this.

Thanks,
LeRoy