[nmglug] No sound with Ubuntu Studio

ABQLUG community at abqlug.com
Thu Jul 23 14:23:44 PDT 2020

Turns out alsamixer keeps muting the master track. I haven't see that before. Nothing in journalctl.
I figured  it was a firmware issue. I didn't check the lspci devices. Sorry.~Jared

        Greetings,

      I recently installed Ubuntu Studio 20.04 on a
        Dell Optiplex 7020 Desktop.

        The sound just isn't' working at all. I need sound for:
        - playing a video in a browser
        - playing a video e.g. mp4 from the computer
        - using Audacity
        - using Flowblade
        - using a MIDI keyboard (Akai MPK Mini) -
        - using MuseScore

        I originally had Ubuntu 18.04 and was trying to get the sound to
        work with all these and couldn't get it all to work. It was a
        nightmare. All in the list above worked individually but fixing
        one to work would cause another not to work. Then I saw Ubuntu
        Studio and thought that would be better. So far, it is not.

        At this point, I'd be willing to remotely hire a Linux desktop
        consultant to configure the sound.
        Is it possible to hire someone remotely to do this?

      Thanks!