[nmglug] "Free" Cable Modem

J. Marsden DeLapp jmdelapp at delapp.com
Mon Jun 15 14:33:04 PDT 2020

I have a cable modem that I can't use.

I finally got my Comcast issues sorted out last week. It appears the
issue was with the wiring in my building (that is a whole other story).

I have this new cable modem I recently bought that I can't use. I can't
use it because Comcast says I have to use their modem since I have
static IP addresses.

The modem is a Motorola Model MB7220
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B019ZY1ZWS

I paid $50 for it (with tax). Will trade for a donation to the Free
Software Foundation https://www.fsf.org/ or a donation of your time to
support Free Software.

Mars

PS Mark gets first dibs if he wants it.

J. Marsden DeLapp, PE
President
DeLapp & Associates, Inc. dba DeLapp Engineering.
Providing lighting and power planning, design and analysis services
for commercial, industrial and large residential facilities.
1190 Harrison Road Ste 3a
Santa Fe NM 87507
(505) 983-5557
https://DeLapp.com