[nmglug] does someone have a computer in ABQ - loan for linux class this weekend

Mark Galassi mark at galassi.org
Fri Nov 6 09:22:32 PST 2020

Dear ABQ and Santa Fe folk,

I'm teaching one of my "serious computer programming for youth" courses
this weekend, it will be online with Jitsi.

The first thing we do is wipe an old laptop and install a GNU/Linux
distribution.  Then we program in Python for the weekend.

One of my students lives in ABQ and does not have a laptop they can
wipe, and I just found out now - too late to get someone to bring one
down there.

Does one of you have an old laptop (just needs 4gig of RAM) that you can
let someone use for the weekend?  Note that they will wipe the disk.

They live on the west side (Ventano Ranch area), but are willing to
drive anywhere in ABQ to pick it up.

If so, could you please email me at mark at galassi.org or call me at
505-629-0759?

Thank you!