[nmglug] Questions about claiming

ABQLUG community at abqlug.com
Wed Sep 2 18:38:37 PDT 2020

Hey John et al,

I totally high-jacked this thread, sorry!

Having deployed Jitsi-meet, I feel comfortable saying that security is
not really a priority for the Jitsi team. I'm not complaining, I just
don't have that kind of confidence yet.

My current understanding of what makes something HIPAA certified is
actually pretty open to interpretation.

There are lists you can google to see what makes something compliant.
They pretty much just expect the traffic and data to be encrypted. With
a "strong" firewall and good intrusion detection set up.

Looking up HIPAA compliance for Managed Service Providers is a lot
harder to find good info though...

I can't tell if you have to pay someone to have the ability to legally
say that you are "able to provide X with HIPAA complaince".

But if there was some form of "pay-to-play" to become HIPAA compliant,
wouldn't that be easier to find?

Maybe I'm wrong, I would love to know.

~ Jared