[nmglug] Youtube dl on Debian 10 update/upgrade?

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 09:10:17 PDT 2020

NMGLugers, Okay, Anthony is all set. His version of youtube-dl is
2020.09.20 and he successfully downloaded a video this morning. He had used
curl to obtain the binary, but had not successfully changed permissions as
evidenced by his last email above. Once permissions were set and the
version verified he did a test and successfully got and then viewed his
goal video. Afterwards we discussed how to maintain this in the future and
he has saved a copy of the instructions from Akkana. We discussed the
difference between using the Debian repository and the external source for
this version.
Have a good weekend and congratulations to Jared. Thank you, Ted P