[nmglug] Any recent info about registry cryptocurrency wallets?

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Mon Jan 4 12:32:10 PST 2021

Hi NMGLUG folks,

I've been looking for a couple years for a good cryptocurrency wallet, not
a wallet just for bitcoin, but a wallet that supports dozens of cryptos.
There are many wallets available for download from the sites of the wallet
creators. Many have Linux versions. In the past, I was advised to stick
mostly with apps which are in the registry to prevent problems with my OS
and system.
I've had an approach to have a wallet on a Windows machine, but I wold
prefer to have a crypto wallet in a Linux environment, if that's a good
idea.

I'm wondering if anyone knows if the situation has shifted in the past year
or two, if for example, any good wallets supporting many cryptos are
considered safe now.

Thanks in advance,
LeRoy
--