[nmglug] two bootable OSes on one SSD?

Brian O'Keefe okeefe at cybermesa.com
Wed Jan 27 08:45:53 PST 2021

Seems we made it folks! Hoping for the best now.

Anyway, I never thanked you Sam for your detailed explanation. I should
get onto this but I have covid-19 procrastination disorder! Lots of time
but not so motivated. Regardless this would be a good thing so I'll try
and focus and get it done. Another question though. If I do this will I
be able to mount another partition, the data on the 1 TB disc, after
I've shrunk that 1 TB to 500GB or so? It would be nicely convenient to
be able to access it like a remote drive, for instance, which is how I
jerry rigged my setup. The 1TB drive is remote and I can access what I
want. Though the real goal is to gain more space than the 256GB drive in
the laptop. I could go through the files and archive some onto the 1 TB
drive. That's obviously quite simple. Maybe I'm just musing.

Did folks hear that Linux distros are going to stop supporting Chromium?
Fedora and others are recommending Firefox or Chrome. Firefox doesn't do
screen casting whereas Chromium does. Minor issue for the most part but
I'm loathe to try and get everything Chromium has, bookmarks, etc.
exported to FF.

Hope that all are doing OK vis-a-vis the bug. Seems it has a mind of its
own (which is weird since viruses are technically not even alive. So
what's in it for them?)

Cheers

Brian