[nmglug] Mtg. Tonight

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Thu Mar 11 09:56:00 PST 2021

Hi NMGLUGers, We are scheduled to meet at 5:30 tonight. I don't have any
real news, but was inspired by some of the discussion last time to do yet
another install - this time on an HP mini unit. Cleaned out my closet to
get a monitor and mouse, keyboard from a friend and proceeded. I had to
kill the installed system.  It was running on 3 partitions and after the
"Recovery" partition was deleted I couldn't dual boot. Oh Joy, just a neat
Gnu/Linux install. Intel i5, 16 GB ram and 500 GB SSD. I'm proceeding
apace.
I took a brief look at Overleaf, referenced LaTex and Tex, these are the
typesetting or markup language tools to make documents incorporating
mathematical formulae. I have not used these, has anyone who might be at
our video meeting tonight?
Last week we also diverged off-topic to phones. We may continue this as
well as we will not be having a too structured meeting.
Thank you, Ted P.