[nmglug] Mtg. Tonight

art at pin2.io art at pin2.io
Tue Mar 16 12:10:07 PDT 2021

Hi Ted & All -

Talked with Mark, it looks like Friday, April 16th will be a good date to go over Pandoc/Markdown/documentation formats (unless you were really thinking Thursday the 15th, Mark). My grand plan is to have a set of little 15-minute demos of FOSS software I’ve found helpful, and set those around the half-hour mark (6pm). So tentatively with re-phasing we	 would have something like:

• April 1: Replace Excel with RStudio
• April 16: Write documents in Pandoc Markdown, exploring documentation formats
• April 22: Make a website in Markdown with Static Site Generators like Hugo
• May 6: Make a website with Gemini/Gemtext
• May 20: Replace Word with Overleaf/Latex
• June 3: Replace Powerpoint with Overleaf/Latex/Beamer/Metropolis
• June 17: Alternate shells: Fish shell & object shells
• July 1: Keep track of RLY BIG files with Git-Annex

We can move/replace/drop stuff based on interest.

Cheers,
-Art