[nmglug] Can jitsi show avatar photo?

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Tue May 25 14:12:14 PDT 2021

Hi NMGLUG folks,

I'm wondering if this feature exists in jitsi or if it may be possible to
request this feature from the jitsi developers.

The feature I'm looking for is the ability to have a photo displayed
instead of a letter during the time when the camera is disabled and when
there is no screen sharing. The problem with showing a letter is that it
seems impersonal and unprofessional. When the internet connection is slow
or unreliable, a solution is to turn off the camera.

This is a feature which is available on zoom and other video conferencing
platforms, but I haven't been able yet to find it on jitsi. I have friends
who I've gotten to use jitsi, but some switch back to zoom or something
else specifically for this feature.

Thanks in advance,
LeRoy
--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us. (New for 2021)
I am the Love of God, no matter what.