[nmglug] Mistake while emptying trash -- help

LeRoy Diener leroy at choosetherightside.com
Fri Oct 22 14:42:08 PDT 2021

Hi NMGLUG folks,

Still not working right.
I tried what Mark Galassi said and a few variations of that.
I got the file permissions to show up as drwx-------- from the chmod 700
approach and also from copying in new folders from a backup of the home
directory, but still not working right.

When I say "working right" in this context, it is this:
When I delete a file in some folder, I get a prompt "Delete 1 selected
item?" When I click yes, that filename appears in the Trash directories
file and info.
When I say "not working right" in this context, it is the same as above,
but the Trash directories file and info remain empty. It appears that disk
space is getting freed up. Other than that, I'm not sure if the files are
getting deleted or what is happening.

Any help? (By the way, thanks for everyone's help over the years.)
LeRoy
--
There is something glorious birthing within all of us. (New for 2021)
I am the Love of God, no matter what.