[nmglug] Older computer,

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 14:41:42 PST 2022

NMGLUGers, I am amusing myself with an Optiplex 790, from about 2012. It's
the small size, 4"x12"x14". It was rehabbed with a poor W-10 install, but I
have replace that with Debian Bullseye (11). I have had a few problems with
the integrated Intel graphics, It is a Core i5 with 2nd generation
integrated gpu.
Kernel 5.10.0-11-amd64 did not work with my 27" monitor, but reverting to
5.10.0-8-amd64 seemed to fix the problem. Now as a discard, there may be
physical damage to the unit - some usb ports seem dead or iffy. I did find
it odd that sometimes I get full resolution and sometimes not. I am hope to
keep working on this unit as the size is good and it has a slim dvd optical
drive that can be useful.
We have a meeting tomorrow and I hope to be on time this week. It is noted
on my calendar: 17 Feb 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm, at
https://meet.jit.si/nmglug.
Hope we have some interesting topics.
Thank you, Ted P