[nmglug] Meeting March 3, 2022

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Wed Mar 2 18:49:40 PST 2022

NMGLUGers, I had been amusing myself with an Optiplex 790, but will wait
till I have more ram to proceed. I did establish that a new vga cable and
the i915 firmware solved the resolution issues. The old cable was faulty.
I am finding Debian 11 and Xubuntu 21.10 are both stable and do the work I
want to do, so I use one or the other on a daily basis. I do have Debian 11
on a 32-bit machine that works well, but is much slower, of course. It does
a good job of streaming music from the Internet to my radio for a chance to
sample many more stations than I get otherwise.

We have a meeting tomorrow and I hope to be on time this week. It is noted
on my calendar: 3 March 2022 @ 5:30 pm - 7:00 pm(MST), at
https://meet.jit.si/nmglug.

Hope we have some interesting topics.
Thank you, Ted P