[nmglug] Computer Recommendation??

Ted Pomeroy ted.pome at gmail.com
Wed Nov 2 09:41:52 PDT 2022

NMGLUGers & Mike, There are several Youtube videos on  this problem. Maybe
just a re-seating of the heat sink on the processor, maybe check that the
fan is/is not running. Use 'sensors' to see what the operating temperature
is. If you want a bigger machine, fine, I do not have a suggestion. If the
machine is equipped like the one in the second email, it is good for a few
more years of use with Ubuntu or other Debian based OS. At 12 years old it
might be good to look under the keyboard for dust and physical status of
fan - blowing out accumulated dust may solve the issue. Also check the bios
settings to turn off the warning if you think the fan is intact and
working. If it looks damaged or there is heat damage nearby you can choose
whether to try a fan and heat sink replacement or save up for that bigger
machine.
Good luck, thank you, Ted P