[nmglug] ffmpeg guidance, please to convert m4b to mp3

Holly Grimm holly.grimm at gmail.com
Wed Nov 30 10:44:37 PST 2022

LeRoy,
If you have timestamps, I would try these commands and see if they work for
you:

Begin at 0, with a duration of 1214 seconds:
ffmpeg -i audiobook.m4a -t 1214 -c copy chapter1.mp3

Begin at 20 minutes and 14 seconds, with a duration of 1214 seconds:
ffmpeg -ss 00:20:14 -i audiobook.m4a -to 1214 -c copy chapter2.mp3

https://trac.ffmpeg.org/wiki/Seeking for more details

Holly